ABOUT CAMP DAVID
Discover your HEART; Restore your MASCULINITY
Camp David is a Christian organization built on Christian values aiming at restoring men in general to a healthy and whole state of spirit, mind, and body.
Camp David uses certain instruments in reaching its goals. These instruments include the following:
- Weekend camps – On these camps we focus on evaluating men on their emotional state and counselling accordingly. The program of these camps runs at a high intensity and focusses on group-cohesion. This helps the facilitators and counsellors with evaluation and an effective method of approaching each man.
- Weekly meetings – The goal of these meetings is to keep men in an ever restoring and growing state of life. We know that men on their own tend to divert back to their old habits and therefore we establish effective and healthy accountability groups where men strengthen and support each other.
- Gap-year – To often young men do not know what to do with their lives. A gap-year is ideal for such a man to help him discover his purpose and what he is good at.
- Outreaches – Camp David takes men on local and international outreaches. Local mostly every month and internationally once or twice a year. These outreaches help broaden perspectives and takes the focus of the little battles we face personally to bigger battles in the community and the world. This wider perspective always helps bring great breakthrough to our own lives.
In general, all the above-mentioned instruments always strengthen the community and families. We realize that whole and leading men influence their direct environments positively. Wives and children always benefit from a good husband and father.
David was a man just like you and me. He was faced with many challenges we still face today. He made a lot of mistakes, but was quick to repent and quick to turn back to God.
He was one of the greatest warriors & also one of the greatest worshippers. Worship and warfare go hand in hand. Every fearless warrior must be a true worshipper!
Back in the day when our fathers had to do basic training in the Army, they were taught a character of discipline. And the Word teaches us that whoever loves discipline, loves knowledge… Proverbs 12:1
Today, we as men have been slacking, living carelessly and irresponsibly, stuck in passivity. Many of us do not take up our role as leaders, the frontier fighters because we are like soldiers who have been wounded. And not looked after.
God is a Warrior. He uses the title “Lord of Hosts” / “Lord of Armies” a lot more than all of His other titles. He is a martial God and those who are going to reveal Him in these times, has to take on the demeanour and discipline of a warrior. The emerging generation is being prepared to serve in the greatest time of trouble the world has ever known.
God’s Army does not kill and destroy, pillage, and plunder their way through territory like a worldly army, but instead it heals, restores, and sets free those who are conquered by it. They do not come to take, but to give.
A dream will stay a dream if you don’t wake up and do something about it. Camp David started as a dream until 5 young warriors decided to stand up & live it. Their hearts were driven into the high country, into remote places, into the untamed parts of creation. And there they found God. The first Camp David was hosted at Umfula Game Lodge in October 2005. We decided on a boot camp; rugged and tuff, like the army was. A military based breakaway into nature, camping in tents, with teachings that connect you to David, a man after God’s own heart that help you in your process in connecting with God Almighty.
How can we help You?
We can’t! Only God can! We merely want to be a vessel in His hand, bringing you back to His Loving arms – Helping you to break the agreements with darkness you may not even know you made & bring Truth about yourself and about God you haven’t yet fully experienced. And so you will walk freely and fully in the desires of your heart planted by a Father who sees you as His son.
WE TRAIN MEN TO:
– Stay in the Scriptures;
– Stay close to a Godly friend;
– Stay away from the wrong women;
– Stay alert to the tactics of the enemy.
We believe that the Bible is the inspired, infallible and authorative Word of God
We believe in the eternal triune God
We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ; The Saviour of men, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary – very God and very man
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and His personal return in power and glory
We believe that for the salvation of the lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved – unto resurrection of life – and they that are lost – unto resurrection of damnation
We believe in the creation, test and fall of man, as recorded in Genesis; His total depravity and inability to attain to divine righteousness apart from God
We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ